Next time you need to come to the surgery, avoid the queues on the phone by completing an e-Consult online. We will get back to you by the end next working day with advice, or an appointment.
e-Consult is an online triage tool, it mirrors the questions that a GP would ask in a face to face consultation. Once e-Consult has gathered the information from you it sends an email to GP practice. The email is then look at by a clinician and the practice gets back to you by the next working day.
- Save time – no need to call when the surgery opens, to wait on the phone. You may not need to come to the surgery and your query could be resolved with a phone call from the doctor.
- A response by the end of the next working day.
- Flexibility of access at all times from all places; from any device – phone, tablet or computer.
- Consistent and continuous care from your GP practice with the ease of online access.
- Request sick notes, repeat prescriptions and test results without coming to the GP practice.
- Direct you to self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services.
- Priority given to those with the most medical need.
- Medical advice 24/7 – check your symptoms and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS Choices content.
- Communicate your medical queries in writing.
- The doctor knows your symptoms upfront so can better manage your clinical need.
- Improve wellbeing of your practice doctors, clinical staff and practice staff – e-Consult allows them to use their working day more efficiently.